Cypher Shorts are special one-shot adventures designed for single sessions of three to four hours. Using a simplified character creation process and streamlined setup, Cypher Shorts are perfect for situations where:
- the entire gaming group isn’t available
- the group wants to experiment with a new genre
- someone new wants to act as GM for a session
- when the GM or PCs need a palate cleanser before resuming the normal campaign
The following Cypher Shorts are setting agnostic, although the GM is encouraged to tailor where these scenarios take place as they wish, and can be used as standalone one-shots or as low-prep inspiration for sessions in an ongoing campaign. The character creation guidelines for Cypher Shorts are provided later in this supplement, but existing characters can be used if the group prefers and the GM is comfortable.
Cypher Shorts are a supplement for the Cypher System and require an Underground Oracle Publishing setting ($3 on our Patreon), the free Cypher System Rules Primer, or the Cypher System Rulebook to play.
This Volume of Cypher Shorts Includes:
- Ballroom Blitz: The characters have been invited to the kingdom’s annual Heroes’ Ball. When uninvited guests decide to crash the party, can they protect the other attendees and make the evening a true night to remember?
- A Nightmare in Orange: The characters are local heroes who have taken up the quest to help a small rural village that’s been overcome by living nightmares. Can they root out the terror responsible before Hollowcrest is no more?
- The Quatern Club: The characters have been tasked with infiltrating the esteemed Quatern Club in order to steal information on accessing the legendary Bastille Vault. Can they make it past the club’s many challenges and secure the information?
- Cypher Shorts Guidelines: The simplified rules that you need to run and create characters for your Cypher Shorts.