Cypher Shorts are special one-shot adventures designed for single sessions of three to four hours. Using a simplified character creation process and streamlined setup, Cypher Shorts are perfect for situations where:
- the entire gaming group isn’t available
- the group wants to experiment with a new genre
- someone new wants to act as GM for a session
- when the GM or PCs need a palate cleanser before resuming the normal campaign
The following Cypher Shorts are setting agnostic, although the GM is encouraged to tailor where these scenarios take place as they wish, and can be used as standalone one-shots or as low-prep inspiration for sessions in an ongoing campaign. The character creation guidelines for Cypher Shorts are provided later in this supplement, but existing characters can be used if the group prefers and the GM is comfortable.
Cypher Shorts are a supplement for the Cypher System and require an Underground Oracle Publishing setting ($3 on our Patreon), the free Cypher System Rules Primer, or the Cypher System Rulebook to play.
This Volume of Cypher Shorts Includes:
- Caravan Duty: The characters have been hired to guard a caravan as it makes its way through the countryside during the most treacherous time of the year. Can they escort the caravan to their destination intact?
- Fanged Hunger: The characters have accepted the call from a remote village to take care of a spider problem. Except that problem is a whole lot bigger than they anticipated and when they arrive, the whole village is coated in thick webbing and there isn’t a soul in sight. Can they find the source of the problem and rescue the villagers before they‘re made into a liquid lunch?
- The Hole in The Sea: The characters are nautical adventurers who have come upon an opportunity for a very unexpected dungeon delve. Can they loot The Hole in The Sea before the hungry waters claim it once more?
- Cypher Shorts Guidelines: The simplified rules that you need to run and create characters for your Cypher Shorts.