Cypher Shorts are special one-shot adventures designed for single sessions of three to four hours. Using a simplified character creation process and streamlined setup, Cypher Shorts are perfect for situations where:
- the entire gaming group isn’t available
- the group wants to experiment with a new genre
- someone new wants to act as GM for a session
- when the GM or PCs need a palate cleanser before resuming the normal campaign
The following Cypher Shorts are setting agnostic, although the GM is encouraged to tailor where these scenarios take place as they wish, and can be used as standalone one-shots or as low-prep inspiration for sessions in an ongoing campaign. The character creation guidelines for Cypher Shorts are provided later in this supplement, but existing characters can be used if the group prefers and the GM is comfortable.
Cypher Shorts are a supplement for the Cypher System and require an Underground Oracle Publishing setting ($3 on our Patreon), the free Cypher System Rules Primer, or the Cypher System Rulebook to play.
This Volume of Cypher Shorts Includes:
- Circus of The Sun and Moon: The circus has come to town and everyone is abuzz with stories of their unique performances and strange, charismatic ring leaders. But when a child reaches out for help finding her missing friends, can the characters find out what sinister secrets are hiding beneath the big top?
- The Culting Edge: The characters have just started their cult careers and are ready to hit the road! But before they can, they have to deal with the rag-tag team of adventurers storming their headquarters. Can you fend off these self-righteous intruders before they end your cultish aspirations before they even begin?
- The Run: Thinking they made camp safely in the dark forest, the PCs are shocked to wake up in the grasp of an evil druid. Can they escape, outrun their captors, avoid their creatures, and survive the traps and hazards along the way?
- Cypher Shorts Guidelines: The simplified rules that you need to run and create characters for your Cypher Shorts.