Cypher Shorts are special one-shot adventures designed for single sessions of three to four hours. Using a simplified character creation process and streamlined setup, Cypher Shorts are perfect for situations where:
- the entire gaming group isn’t available
- the group wants to experiment with a new genre
- someone new wants to act as GM for a session
- when the GM or PCs need a palate cleanser before resuming the normal campaign
The following Cypher Shorts are setting agnostic, although the GM is encouraged to tailor where these scenarios take place as they wish, and can be used as standalone one-shots or as low-prep inspiration for sessions in an ongoing campaign. The character creation guidelines for Cypher Shorts are provided later in this supplement, but existing characters can be used if the group prefers and the GM is comfortable.
Cypher Shorts are a supplement for the Cypher System and require an Underground Oracle Publishing setting ($3 on our Patreon), the free Cypher System Rules Primer, or the Cypher System Rulebook to play.
This Volume of Cypher Shorts Includes:
- Bounty on Junker 12: The characters are a group of bounty hunters that have finally tracked down their elusive target on a refuse-processing planet known as Junker 12. Can they survive the hazards of the waste planet long enough to capture their evasive quarry?
- Mall Rats: The characters have just pulled off their first big heist, but things didn’t go exactly as planned and the cops are right on their tails! Can they lose them in Arexis City’s sprawling Neon Center Mall or will their high-speed chase end in tears and time behind bars?
- Tough Salvage: The characters are part of a salvage company sent out to reclaim scrap and data from the remains of a commercial liner that crashed on a remote planet. But when their discoveries—and an unexpected group of survivors—conflict with the data that they’ve been given, they’ll be forced to make some tough choices.
- Cypher Shorts Guidelines: The simplified rules that you need to run and create characters for your Cypher Shorts.